Some time ago I had to convert a 2600 Series AP from Controller-based to a Standalone Acess Point. I’m doing this in the following way: Restart the Access Point, press ESC in console to enter ROMMON.
After I set up the network and initialized it, I am always checking the ROMMON variables.
Then I’m doing a simple TFTP copy. As TFTP server for windows I am using Tftpd32 - Tftpd64, which is released under the EUPL V1.1. It might be possible to make some space on the flash memory before copying the image. Also it’s worth to verify the flash memory if the TFTP copy was successful.
Before I reboot the Access Point with the new image I set the BOOT variable to the new Image and verify the ROMMON variables again.